PSA: Target will be closed on Easter Sunday

I’m not exactly sure why, but this caught me off guard – in a good way.  Target stores will be CLOSED on Easter Sunday, April 8th 2012.  It’s nice to see large retailers observing Holidays and allowing their employees a day of rest and the chance to enjoy their families.  So with that said, the Target ad will run from Monday through Saturday of next week.  The ad is pretty small, but I should have the deals up tomorrow.

Comments

1. Lori Chibante-Thomas via Facebook says

Wow, I can’t recall the last time stores actually observed a holiday except Christmas and even then so many are opening up even then!

2. Maria Montes Ambriz via Facebook says

It’s about time, miss the days when the gas station and the liquor store were the only places open on holidays!

3. Jonna Lawrence via Facebook says

I think its great! They should be closed and those employees should be spending time with their families

4. Jonna Lawrence via Facebook says

I grew up in a day back when every store was closed all grocery stores and all businesses. We learned to plan to get what we needed long before Sunday came around. There were gas stations open but they were not in the immediate part of town where we lived. the gas stations that were open were out near a highway. We planned our meals and always had a good Sunday dinner at home with my sisters, brother and parents.

5. Deanna says

Target got really bad press for opening at midnight on Thanksgiving maybe they are trying to make up for it?

• Heidi says

They have been closing on Easter for years. Wal-mart was open at 10 pm on Thanksgiving and no one complained, but when Target opens up at midnight, the world hears about it.

6. Vicki Emery Sarraino via Facebook says

While I agree that it would be nice for places to be closed for the employees to spend time with their families, there are many people that do not have family, do not celebrate that holiday. There are people out there that have to work, their jobs require 24/7 running, ie hospitals, nursing homes, police, fire just to name a few.

7. Hillary Waitt Young via Facebook says

I tip my hat to Target on this! They’ll continue to get most of my business. Hosanna to all this weekend:-)

8. Jealous! says

I work at a coffee shop& we don’t even close early, it made me sad bc those family holidays I spend with my grandfather& parents!!

9. Kym says

Good for them.. One more reason to love Target. They have the best employess and they should get a break!!!! :)

10. Danae Hoobler via Facebook says

Good I’m glad! Stores SHOULD be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Not that it matters to me as I don’t shop on those days on principal anyway.

11. Tamara Henggeler via Facebook says

I think that is awesome…we have gotten to used to 24/7 availability to all stores…their workers need holidays and time w/ their families.

12. Jane Jacobsen via Facebook says

Because of this post I just sent an email to Target, thanking them, and received this nice reply back in less than a half hour!

13. Jane Jacobsen via Facebook says

I’m glad to hear you appreciate our Target stores are closed on Easter Sunday.

We’re always looking for ways to improve the shopping experience for you. And that, Target cares about the Well-being of our team members. Your comments really help us make Target even better and I’ll make sure to share with the appropriate team. This way, they can see what’s working out just right for you.

Thanks for letting us know about what you enjoyed at Target.

Sincerely,

John
    Target Guest Relations

14. merrilee says

Target is my “go to store” for so many things.
    Thank you for closing on Easter!!! Just knowing that your employees have a day off makes me happy.
    Whatever I need can wait until Monday.
    Good job, Target

15. lettuce says

I’m Jewish, so this is kind of a bummer for me personally. Because Passover, my holiday, fell earlier this weekend, it would have been super nice to be able to do my shopping today.

That said, I’m sure if Target were open, there would be Christians working today who would really prefer to be home with their families. And that isn’t right. So I can totally see the value of it. I am just reminded that being a religious minority is a pain sometimes!