First things first, print out and keep the Target Store Coupon Policy with you at all times, this will help if you run into a confusing situation when you’re in the store or if a cashier isn’t aware of how their promotions work. You’ll be armed and ready!
Using Coupons at Target:
• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
Gift Card Promotions:
Target uses gift cards like CVS uses ECBs. Basically each week in their ad they will have certain items on sale with a gift card promotion. Whencombined with coupons, you can often get the items for much less and sometimes even FREE! Here is an example of a recent deal…
Buy (2) Gilette Fusion ProGlide or Venus Embrace Razors - $8.99ea
Get $5 Target Gift Card
Use (2) $4/1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor, exp. 8-31-10 (P&G 08/01/10)
OR (2) $2/1 Venus Embrace or Breeze, exp. 8-31-10 (P&G 08/01/10)
Final Price: $3.98/2 or $1.99 ea!
Target’s Printable Coupons:
You can print Target Store Coupons and stack them! Here are few examples of the GREAT deals you can get when you stack a Target coupon and a Manufacturer’s Coupon, remember these deals are no longer available…
Chef Boyardee – $0.99 ea
Use $1/1 Chef Boyardee Target Coupon
Final Price: FREE!
Simply Lemonade – $2.04
Use $1/1 Simply Juice Target Coupon
Final Price: $1.04
Price Matching at Target:
You can see a post here where we tested Target’s Price Matching policy with great results!
How does price matching work?
If you find an item in a competitor’s printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, we will match the price. The competitor’s ad must be local and current, and the product must be the identical item, brand name, quantity and model number. Target.com is excluded from our price matching policy. Competitor catalogs can also be ad matched as long as the catalog displays a valid date and meets all other qualifications.
What if I’ve already made the purchase at Target?
No problem. Within seven days of purchase, bring your Target receipt and the competitor ‘s current printed ad. We will reimburse the savings to you.
What qualifies as proof of a competitor’s advertisement?
Please show us the entire printed advertisement. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of competitive pricing.
What does ‘identical store item’ mean?
The program covers items with the identical brand name, size, weight, quantity and model number of the item at Target stores. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the product.
Can I use coupons when price matching?
A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target’s normal coupon policy. When the guests presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
- Manufacturer Coupons: Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
- Target Coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
- Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons: The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.
What do you mean by local retail competitors?
This refers to retail stores located within the same market area as a particular Target store. Examples of a market area can be a city, a metropolitan area or a specific rural region.
What about online price matching?
All online pricing, including Target.com, is excluded from our price matching policy, as well as online retail promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites.
Other price matching exclusions include:
- Online prices, including Target.com
- Promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
- Membership club or loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card)
- Coupon-required or giftcard offers
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
- Competitor’s free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
- Mobile coupons
- Sales tax promotions
- Damaged product or opened packaging
- Clearance or closeout items
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Special financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Display merchandise
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
- Non-branded items (e.g. produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
- Expired Ads
© 2010 The Frugal Find. All rights reserved. No content on this page may be reused in any fashion without written permission.