Hope your Labor Day Weekend was relaxing! Now that it’s over, I feel like eating lighter to counteract all the BBQ, hot dogs, and ice cream from the holiday…the hot dogs (oh, the hot dogs! Did you get the Safeway hot dog deal, too?) My go-to for salad fixings is the 99 Cents Only Store, and here’s what I found:
1. Artisan Lettuce, a 4 ct. of lovely assorted heads (!)
2. Cherry Tomatoes, 1 lb.
3. Green Giant Portabella Mushrooms, 5 oz.
4. Quaker Multigrain Crisps w/Blackberries, 7 oz.
5. Coldstone Creamery 70-Calorie Cocoa, 8 pk.
6. Tree Top 100% Juice, 3 pk.
7. Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 100, 4 oz. (!)
8. Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive SPF 50, 6 oz.
9. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 50, 8 oz.
What I appreciate about the Artisan Lettuce 4 pk. is the fact that the heads remain fresher longer. Each pack contains four heads of different colored Tango, Oak, and Gem Lettuce — enough to make 12 side salads. I was hoping to find yogurt today, but did not see any. Are you missing the yogurt as I am? My store was re-setting the Seasonal Aisle, and they had some new sunscreen products today — look for the sunscreen now moved to the Skin Care Aisle. I thought the Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 100 was an especially good deal for only $1.
his week’s shopping trip highlight was brought to you by Jolene, the TFF 99 Cents Only Store expert! Find a 99 Cents Store location near you.