Yogurts are back (yay!), and some sweet Organic/Natural food finds at the 99 Cents Only Store! Here’s my shopping cart:
1. Yoplait Splitz Kid’s Yogurt, 4 pk.
2. Yoplait Greek 100-calorie Yogurt, 5.3 oz. (2/$1)
3. Mountain High All-Natural Plain Yogurt, big 32 oz.
4. Archer Farms Organic Instant Oatmeal, 8 pk.
5. Oscar Mayer Selects Applewood Turkey Breast, 9 oz.
6. Earthbound Farm Organic Frisee, 5 oz.
7. Baby Carrots, 1.25 lbs.
8. Athenos Spreadable Cheese, 6.5 oz.
9. Contac Cold & Flu, 16 daytime/12 nighttime caplets
10. Alka Seltzer Plus Allergy, 48 tablets
Just last week, a group of readers & I were lamenting the absence of yogurt lately. If you’re a regular shopper here, you know that it’s an ever-changing landscape of products! That’s what keeps it fresh & fun — you never know what’s in stock for only $1. Well, friends, I’m happy to report that the yogurt is back! My kids love to dip baby carrots into a dip using All-Natural Plain Yogurt. Simply add a tiny bit of Good Seasons Ranch Dip Mix into plain yogurt, and dip to your heart’s content! Another idea for plain yogurt is to sweeten it up with honey or jam. One of my favorite finds is the Organic Instant Oatmeal with Organic Almonds + Dried Cherries by Archer Farms (a Target brand). And my other favorite is the Oscar Mayer Selects which contain no artificial preservatives — this is retailing for $6.09 at Safeway! Finally, I thought the cold medicines might be something to keep at home … it’ll spare you a late-night dash to the drugstore in case someone gets sick (this seems to always happen in the middle-of-the-night, and when the medicine is NOT on sale!) Be prepared & don’t pay full-price!
This week’s shopping trip highlight was brought to you by Jolene, the TFF 99 Cents Only Store expert! Find a 99 Cents Store location near you.